There is another example with Newbaby.com, the sister site to MomTV, where over 500 moms are now vlogging their daily thoughts on parenthood. Think blogging on video. Moms who view the videos can comment back to the moms via video as well. It’s bringing the personality and passion of mothers to life for her readers. Yesterday in a webinar titled "The Emergence of the Mom Blogger" sponsored by BSM Media, Maria Bailey, author of Mom 3.0: Marketing WITH Today’s Mothers by Leveraging New Media and Technology, facilitated a virtual panel of mom vloggers. Panelists included Danielle Smith (ExtraordinaryMommy.com), Jendi Pagano (JendisJournal.com), Stephanie Piche (co-founder of MomTV.com ) and Stacy Nerdin(www.treerootandtwig.com).
Here are some of the highlights and insights from these moms who are leading the way for other mom vloggers:
• Moms find creating videos easy with plug-in video cameras;
• Moms like to watch video because they enjoy seeing the passion of other mothers;
• Moms enjoy vlogging because it allows the authenticity of the mom come through;
• For marketers, it allows for the opportunity to demonstrate and educate the viewer;
• Newbaby.com and MomTV.com are growing because it allows moms to interact during video shows.
For more information on video and moms, email Maria@bsmmedia.com or visit www.momtv.com to see it live!